Swell Maui Surf Lessons
31 Omaka Place Unit B, Kihei
5.0 145 reviews
- Manu Jackl ★★★★★ 4 months ago It was really amazing! Enzo is a true Hawaiian who knows the island and, more important, he knows the ocean! He shows you how to stand your first wave and is always by your side to help you to get better in any situation! Either way you … More are a total beginner, or an advanced surfer!
Big Mahalo from Germany
Manu & Kristina🤙🏼
P.S.: he takes amazing GoPro shots of you surfing!
- Anna Lam ★★★★★ 9 months ago My partner and I had such a great time during our surf lesson! We decided to book a lesson last minute and wish we would have done more surfing during our trip, it ended up being our favorite activity. Enzo is a great instructor and super … More friendly. There was great communication before, during, and after the lesson. We got a huge kick out of the GoPro photos provided as well. Will definitely do it again next time we are in Maui! 🙂
- Katy Raye ★★★★★ 7 months ago Enzo is AMAZING!!! We highly recommend booking with him! He was so great with all of us and was very knowledgeable about surfing and giving us the instructions we needed to succeed. He also gave us extra supplies (rash guards/water shoes) … More if needed. There is pictures included as well and they turned out awesome! 🙂 Highly recommend booking and starting off your surf journey with Enzo!
- Joni Stevens ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo is amazing! My teenage sons and I took lessons with Swell Maui Surf, having absolutely no idea what we were doing. The experience was amazing from start to finish. Enzo was a great instructor, informative, patient and so nice. We … More all caught a few waves, but most importantly learned a new skill and had the best time doing it! We also got some really great pictures. Highly recommend!
- Jeff Van Tatenhove ★★★★★ 6 months ago My daughter and I had an amazing time with Enzo teaching us to surf. Different from a group lesson, Enzo spent time with both of us to get us up on the waves. He also has GoPro camera to capture epic pictures of the day. No need to look … More any further, Enzo is your guy! He also had some great recommendations on things to do and places to eat as he grew up in Maui, book him early in your trip to maximize the rest of your vacation.
- Cory Blair ★★★★★ 8 months ago Such an amazing time learning from Enzo! He is fantastic and takes you away from the crowds to enjoy your surfing experience! He has Go Pros on your boards to capture awesome pics!! Highly recommend Swell Maui Surf Lessons!!!!! Thanks again … More Enzo!!!
- Lara Parker ★★★★★ 3 months ago Enzo is fantastic! My 12 year old son, Finn, went out with him to surf for the first time ever and loved every second. Within 90 minutes he was surfing like a pro, had absorbed all the basics and is begging to go again tomorrow. Enzo was … More friendly and patient yet confident and it immediately put my son at ease. On top of the great surfing, they also had a giant turtle and seal hanging out with them — what an experience!! Highly recommend a personal lesson with Enzo, you’ll love it!
- Matthew Koppe ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo is a great surf instructor! He went above and beyond, not only showing us how to catch waves, taught us about protecting the coral reef, surfing etiquette and fun facts about Hawaiian language and culture.
He gave us many recommendations … More of things other things we should do in our time on Maui and was extremely welcoming and responsive!
I would recommend Enzo to anyone trying to learn to surf in Maui!
- K. Tran ★★★★★ a year ago My friend and I had a great lesson with Enzo, and upon learning that he leads beach clean ups for the Surfrider Foundation, was even more happy that our money went to him. Enzo was communicative and accommodating. I requested a shorter … More board at the last minute just in case I progressed to be able to use it and he happily accommodated. Overall, a great experience with a patient teacher who not only taught us to surf but also how to respect and take care of the ocean. And as you can see, Enzo also provides great pictures!
- Rachel Warren ★★★★★ a year ago My 14 year old daughter and I signed up for surf lessons with Enzo and Swell Maui Surf lessons. Having no idea what we were doing Enzo made our experience unbelievable. They take care of everything for you, you just show up at the spot … More he tells you, he’s patient and with his coaching/teaching we rode some great waves. I would recommend him to anyone that is looking for a great experience from a local guy! Oh and did I mention they send you photos of your experience!
- Anastasiia Rukavyshnykova ★★★★★ a year ago I took a few lessons in Maui, so I have some places to compare Swell Maui Surf to. And I had an absolutely amazing time learning from Enzo. I booked a private lesson for myself. Enzo is super quick to adapt to your learning style and your … More surfing level. I will highly recommend lessons from Enzo if you are a beginner, intermediate or higher level surfer. I think that you can get great info and have a fantastic time no matter your surfing level. Another important point - Enzo loves what he does and it’s so important for this type of an experience. I got to know a little more about him and his story. I also learned some fun and interesting facts about the park where we surfed and Maui overall. And I got some phenomenal tips on his favorite local food places and attractions. We checked out some of his recommended places and couldn’t be happier. I also looooove photos, so if you do too, booking a lesson with Swell Maui Surf is super cool because you will have a bunch of awesome photos to remember your time surfing. What else…I truly can’t recommend this experience enough as I had such a great time and would love to book a lesson when I travel to Maui next time.
- Brady Hogan ★★★★★ a year ago My wife and I had a wonderful time at our lesson with Enzo. He was super supportive, and we were able to get up almost every wave! He was also super patient with us, as we became quickly fatigued from the paddling.The beach we surfed at … More was not crowded at all, with plenty of space to surf away from others. Photos were provided via GoPros clipped to the front of the surfboards, and they turned out so well! I would highly recommend Enzo for lessons - We'll always remember our time surfing in Maui!
- Sara Koenig ★★★★★ a year ago I had my kids take a lesson with Enzo, and it was fantastic! My 16 year old daughter said he was helpful and informative and my 12 year old son described him as "super supportive." The spot was great for surfing, with constant … More good waves and a nice beach for watching. Communication was really clear, too. The fact that go-pro pictures from the surf boards are included in the package is the icing on the cake!
- Evan Bolger ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo taught my sister and I to surf. Not only did he go above and beyond to teach us about surfing, but he taught us about protecting the reef below us, he helped us to get on the right waves that would take us further than a weaker wave … More and a few Hawaiian words. He had rash protectors, water shoes and boards for us to use, and overall made us better surfers. A great experience and a great guide to help you.
- elizabeth freimuth ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo is a great surf instructor! He has a wonderful, easy-going personality, he’s very skilled and patient! We are a family of four and he accommodated us perfectly. We had a great time!
- Alex Kemmler ★★★★★ a year ago Got a really good lesson with Enzo, and ended up riding 3 waves all the way to the end. As a first-timer I was really happy with that! He is also really knowledgeable about the area, history, and wildlife. I saw a turtle out there as a … More bonus! My advice to anyone going out for the first time - eat beforehand!! I skipped breakfast and it was not a smart move, paddling takes a lot of energy. 🙂
- Aysha Edwards ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo was great!!! My husband and 13 year old did a lesson with him and it was everything and more than we could have imagined. They both successfully caught waves and we were sent GREAT photos. Highly recommend. It was great to have Enzo … More without a bigger group, like other places seem to do. 1-on-1 attention and instruction. So glad we did this while in Maui.
- Adam Ly ★★★★★ a year ago Fun experience to add to my Hawaii Trip! The booking process was easy; all forms can be filled online ahead of time; Enzo was super friendly and had a great attitude. Everything was provided and 1.5 hours was enough time for our group of … More 4 before we got tired out! He's very passionate about what he does and would recommend his surfing services! - A Canadian Tourist
- Julie-Linda Laforce ★★★★★ a year ago I 100% recommend Enzo to anyone looking to learn and have a great time surfing in Maui. We had so much fun that we ended up booking with him 3 times during our stay! Our last time was a 7am booking..it was such a nice experience to be … More on the water in the morning and we were lucky to have the waves just to ourselves! Enzo is super kind, patient and so respectful of the land. Go ahead and book with him, you will not be disappointed!
- Adam Chapman ★★★★★ a year ago There are so many things to do in Hawaii and learning to surf should be one of the first things you try.
Unfortunately, we saved it until the very last day of our vacation and Enzo delivered an experience so amazing we all wished we had … More tried it sooner.
He got all four of us up on the board in one lesson. It was awesome! Highly recommended!
- Scott Smith ★★★★★ a year ago Fantastic experience with Enzo from Swell Maui Surf! If you want a great experience and to learn how to surf without a huge crowd I highly recommend. Thanks for the awesome time with me and my two boys… Mahalo!!! 🏄♂️
- Terri Beck ★★★★★ a year ago I can’t say enough about the positive experience my 12 year old son and I had. We both caught many waves and were given instruction from Enzo that made us feel confident and safe. He went of his way to ensure we got up and and felt good … More about our successes. The whales in the background were an added bonus. The photos given were priceless and captured our smiles and determination (and a few of our fails)! This was definitely the highlight of our trip. (Visiting from Ontario, Canada)
- Catherine Lycurgus ★★★★★ a year ago I often get nervous surfing, but Enzo was so kind, encouraging, and knowledgable--about the water, technique, the day's conditions--he totally made mine! Went above and beyond to ensure I could catch good waves and have a great time … More going out. He also knows so much about Hawaiian culture, history, and geography which let me appreciate the beauty even more. If you're there, seek out Swell Maui. It will be the highlight of your visit!--Cate
- K. Harris ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo was a great instructor. Spent a brief amount of time on the beach explaining what to do while in the water, but that didn't take up too much of our surfing time. Made sure we caught waves that we could handle, and we both stood … More up on our rides several times. Provided photos, which was so great. Thanks for helping me check an item off my bucket list!
- Jason Britton ★★★★★ a year ago I was able to book lessons last second with Enzo. He is great! My wife and I had a blast! Great instructor, had lots of local knowledge with everything from history to best places to check out, and where to eat. Highly recommended! Side … More note - I have never ever left a review, so that should say enough!
- Mike Jones ★★★★★ a year ago Had a blast at our surfing lessons today! Photo package is a must. Instructions were short, sweet, and informative. The instructor, Enzo, was phenomenal and friendly. What a vibe, definitely recommend.
- Cameron Roubique ★★★★★ a year ago Had an absolute blast learning how to surf! Enzo is an awesome teacher, very knowledgeable and easy going. Also the surfing pictures taken during the lesson look amazing! I'm from landlocked Colorado and have always wanted to try surfing, … More I'm so glad I did. It was definitely worth it!
- Drake Hastings ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo is the best! He’s a great instructor who will meet you at your skill level and help you have a great time. I’d highly recommend.
- Chris Jones ★★★★★ a year ago Wow! Enzo is such a great guy. We got to surf and that was absolutely the best. Additionally he passed on some great Hawaiian history, surfing etiquette, lessons about the local sea life and also had some great recommendations for places … More to hang out. This was such an excellent experience.I cannot wait to come back and do this again. If I get the opportunity I will definitely have another lesson with Enzo.
You will get to surf. Bring your good attitude.
- Jonathan Fraser ★★★★★ a year ago Awesome surf lesson with Enzo! He is very patient teacher and continually provided great feedback during my lesson and also was a wealth of information for recreational and fun activities to do on Maui! I’ve taken a few lessons in the past. … More He gave me some new tips I hadn’t learned from those lessons. Great guy; you won’t be disappointed!
- Courtney Bullock ★★★★★ a year ago Excellent experience! Four kids in our group: ages 10-16. Enzo communicated with us before our scheduled lesson, as weather was questionable, to give us alternate options. He went above and beyond. Watched plenty of other surf lessons … More out there and we were happy we chose Swell Maui! Taught our kids how to surf, how to stay safe, but most importantly, they all had fun!!
- Shanika Dunn ★★★★★ 2 years ago I have so many positive things to say about Swell Maui Surf. First of all you cannot beat the price that he offers for private lessons for a couple. There are no other surf schools that even come close. I am a plus size woman and our instructor … More made me feel so comfortable and excited about surfing. I thought it was something I couldn't even try. Well I tried and it was amazing. I even caught a couple waves. I wasn't standing but that was not the instructors fault. My fiance caught a bunch of waves and had a blast. The digital package that comes with this experience was just a super fun bonus. The next time my fiance and I go to Maui we're calling up Swell Maui Surf and getting back out there. It's an experience you shouldn't pass up. Enzo the instructor is a one man show, running his own small business. If you want local knowledge and a local experience this is the place to go.
- K O ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo was wonderful! He is a top of the line instructor that was able to get our whole family up and surfing in no time. I would highly recommend him if you are in the area and want to surf! Thanks again Enzo for the wonderful memories! … More
- Fran Kennedy-Ellis ★★★★★ a year ago Superfantastic! Do you seek to surf and learn in a fun, relaxed fashion? Enzo is your point man! We had a fun were up on our boards in no time -- until, naturally, we fell. 🙂 The water is very forgiving. Thoughtful, attentive instruction, … More oodles of encouragement and a beautiful beach to boot! If you're in Maui, highly recommend. 5 stars!
- Anna O’Toole ★★★★★ a year ago One of the highlights of our Maui trip. Enzo was personable and a great instructor. I would highly recommend Swell Maui Surf!
- Tim Reardon ★★★★★ 2 years ago Enzo was a great surf instructor!! Super professional and really fun. He made our 9 year old daughter feel confident in the water and taught us some skills to pursue surfing on our own. Best of all, he was very conscientious of protecting … More the reef and how to surf safely. Highly recommended!
- Chris Petersen ★★★★★ a year ago Enzo is a great instructor and we had an amazing morning - 3 beginners were all getting up on the board and having fun. Can't recommend Swell Maui high enough!
- Erika Haggerty ★★★★★ 2 years ago We had such a great experience with Enzo! He had great communication, was super friendly and made our experience overall so wonderful. He accommodated our schedules and looked at the weather prior so that he could ensure we would have a … More successful lesson. Would highly recommend anyone to take a surf lesson with him - you won't be disappointed!
- Danielle Spruytte ★★★★★ a year ago Went for a surfing lesson with Enzo and it was great! He was very knowledgeable and an awesome teacher. Both my husband and I were able to stand up on the board and catch a few waves! Helpful to provide suggestions for other things to see … More and do on the island as well, giving us some local insight. Was also a great weather resource and made sure we had a day where the waves would be best.
Would recommend to anyone!! Mahalo to Enzo!
- Luke Skogen ★★★★★ a year ago My wife and I looked around at a few different spots when searching for our first surf lesson and we are so incredibly happy that we chose Swell Maui Surf Lessons! Our instructor Enzo was great at communicating leading up to the lessons … More with detailed instructions of where to meet. The surf spot we met up at was perfect for first time lessons as it was not super busy and we had plenty of space to ourselves to learn. After some brief instructions onshore regarding how to pop up and general paddle techniques we hit the water soon after. Enzo made it so easy for our first time by spotting the best waves for us to attempt to surf and would tell us exactly when to start paddling and when to pop up on the wave. We were both able to get up and surf waves within 2 attempts which was an amazing feeling to be surfing so soon and definitely not something that we would've been able to do without the assistance. The other huge plus for us was the included photo package that was sent to us later in the afternoon on the same day of our lesson which returned some great pictures that we will fondly look back on for years to come! If you are in the market for surf lessons in Maui, look no further.
- Devin Van Hout ★★★★★ 2 years ago My son and I had the most amazing vacation in Maui thanks to Swell! The instructor was great and he was able to get my 9 year old son and I both up surfing and enjoying some waves. I was really impressed with the instruction and his ability … More to help my son and I at the same time. The location was great and waves were perfect for us to learn and enjoy the sport! Highly recommend Swell and we'll be coming back later this year to see them again.
- Erika Karsky ★★★★★ 2 years ago We had such a great experience with Enzo! He had great communication, was super friendly and made our experience overall so wonderful. He accommodated our schedules and looked at the weather prior so that he could ensure we would have a … More successful lesson. Would highly recommend anyone to take a surf lesson with him - you won't be disappointed!
- Lisa ellison ★★★★★ 2 years ago Wow! This was the most incredible experience. Enzo was beyond 5 stars. His directions, patience, & advice led to us both catching a wave. Even with my boyfriends bum knee (multiple surgeries) he was able to give helpful variations. … More His knowledge of Maui (& waves) was an added bonus. We loved all the suggestions on where to try that were given. It was a great day and the personalized lesson/ help VS being stuck in a large group waiting for your turn (& not getting much feedback/help) is beyond worth it. The fact that we got such amazing pictures was definite icing!!!
- Richard Wallen ★★★★★ 2 years ago Patient, professional, informative and fun. Enzo was great from the start and kept us informed from booking through close out. Great information about the island and history and just an all around great time. Highly recommend! If we ever … More get the opportunity to come back we will book again! Thanks Enzo!
- Brendan Schaffer ★★★★★ 2 years ago Enzo is a cool dude with love and respect for the land, water and culture. He was a great teacher with a very calm demeanor and also very patience.. He had my daughter up on her first ride and made the whole experience wonderful and … More very memorable. A great overall experience., I highly recommend.
As an added bonus he gave us some great recommendations for hiking and restaurants.
- Danielle Lawrence ★★★★★ 2 years ago We loved this surf lesson today! Enzo was so helpful and found us the best waves to surf. He is fantastic at helping even beginners stand up to ride the waves. I would definitely recommend him!!
- Meghan Anderson ★★★★★ 2 years ago Zero to hero in one lesson! With no experience surfing or board sports, Enzo had me catching waves on my own by the end of the session (I even turned some heads with the locals). He was encouraging, provided clear feedback and made it fun. … More Highly recommend Swell Maui Surf Lessons!
- Jennifer Coverdale ★★★★★ 2 years ago We had the best experience with Swell Maui Surf! Enzo is super knowledgeable and made my kids feel safe and confident on the board. We will definitely be coming back for more lessons!
- Betsy Cunningham ★★★★★ 2 years ago I rarely post reviews but I had to share our awesome experience with Enzo at Swell! He did a wonderful job making my son and I feel comfortable, safe, and confident on our first surfing experience. This is saying a lot considering a fearless, … More "invincible," eager 9 year old and a worried mama-bear 39 year old have very different needs! He managed to make our two hours on the water SO enjoyable and rewarding. Just when I thought our experience couldn't get any better, I received an email (later that same DAY!) with 50+ photos of our surfing adventure. The photos are PRICELESS and frame-worthy... and they were even INCLUDED in the package! WOW! My son talks about surfing DAILY now, and informed me that it's his new favorite thing to do (too bad we live in the Midwest! 😉 ). The next time we are in Maui I'll be sure to look up Enzo again! Thanks, Swell Maui!
- Jason Riddle ★★★★★ 2 years ago Enzo was awesome. The whole experience was easy and stress free. We had a great time surfing because his his instruction. We got up right away.
- Sarah Van Hout ★★★★★ 2 years ago My husband and 9 year old had a blast surfing with Swell Maui. Their instructor (and owner) Enzo was so knowledgeable, capable, patient and encouraging. Our son was a little intimidated once they got out in the water and Enzo gave him the … More confidence boost he needed to catch a few waves! We loved the added bonus of learning about some of the history of Maui and how to protect it’s delicate and beautiful environment.
- Faraz Khan ★★★★★ 2 years ago Enzo is one cool dude to learn surfing from. He was on time, great teacher, made me feel safe and comfortable as a beginner with no experience. If I can catch a few waves with Enzo’s directions I am sure you’ll catch many and have great … More time! 🤙🏽🏄♂️
- Tae Kim ★★★★★ 2 years ago I had an amazing experience surfing with Enzo. It was my first time surfing, but Enzo was great at explaining the basics and clarifying questions I had. In addition, the pictures from the surf lessons turned out great. I even mentioned … More during our lesson that I was hiking in Haleakalā the next day, and he sent a follow up email with tips and recommendations for the trip. Overall, I highly recommend Swell Maui Surf lessons!
- Chelsea Forbes ★★★★★ 2 years ago First time surfing and had such a blast! I had no experience before heading out and had such an amazing time. Our instructor Enzo took the time to ensure I was comfortable and helped me to ride my first waves! Can’t wait to get back in … More the surf.
- Michael May ★★★★★ 2 years ago This was my first surf lesson and Enzo was very knowledgeable and patient with me. He made the experience enjoyable and fun. I would highly recommend and look forward to doing it again when I come back.
- Jeff Hayes ★★★★★ 2 years ago What a great experience!! Enzo is a great instructor who is out there for the passion for teaching others to surf! I think he might have been more excited when I caught my first wave than I was! Looking forward to coming back for more!! … More Thanks!!
My son and I decided to shred some surf for the very first time. Super-last minute, but Enzo was all over it and willing to accommodate our schedule. “Shredding” surf is maybe not exactly what we did, but with his instruction, we both rode a wave on the very first try! Beautiful spot. Great waves for first timers and great conversation. Enzo even hung out with us while we waited for my wife and daughter to pick us up. 🙂 Will book another go with Enzo on a future Maui trip.
“Our family LOVED Enzo at Swell Maui, he made our first surfing experience genuine, knowledgeable and so much fun!! We felt so safe and prepared the entire time and learned so much about the island from him while waiting for our waves. He was so patient and encouraging. I couldn’t recommend him as a surfing instructor enough. We are 100% using Swell Maui with all future surfing inquiries and suggest you do the same!” – Danielle, CA
“Enzo took my son and his cousin on their very first surf lesson. His teaching style, patience, and fun loving attitude gave the boys confidence to venture into the waves safely. From showing them stances on the beach to paddling out, Enzo was engaged and super encouraging. You can tell how much he loves and respects the ocean and he educated the boys as well. We can’t wait to get them back out very soon for another lesson!” – Angela, HI
“I was somewhat nervous when booking my first surf lesson. I’m not a naturally athletic or balanced individual. Nevertheless, Enzo immediately made me feel at ease. His instructions were clear and easy to grasp, even for an uncoordinated dude like me. I was able to get up and catch a wave on my second try! Plus he snapped some great photos for my Instagram. You can tell Enzo cares deeply about his craft and the land. He’s informative, friendly, and a highly skilled instructor. 10/10 would recommend.” – James, TX
“We were traveling to Maui on our honeymoon and took a surf lesson from Enzo. Immediately Enzo was so personable and put me at ease before even going into the surf. We learned about the respect for the sport and the environment, and how to visualize riding the wave, not the board. Once we were in the water Enzo did a great job setting us up and positioning us. Such a great instructor, both my new wife and I were both able to ride some great waves, and we had so much fun! 10 out of 10 would recommend Enzo and can’t wait to get back out!” – Ryan, CA